Old 29-03-2013, 01:25 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_12_] Billy[_12_] is offline

Default OT but a welcome bit of brightness

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
songbird wrote:

Billy wrote:
Seems as if every piece of good news is like a drop of water on a hot
rock.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...rs-agrentina-f
alklands_n_2949087.html?utm_hp_ref=green

Ilex Squid Overfishing Woes Test Delicate Relationship Between Argentina
And The Falklands

. . . hundreds of unlicensed, unregulated fishing vessels that exploit
the South Atlantic, pulling out an estimated 300,000 tons of ilex squid
a year.

The species, which roams across the maritime boundary between Argentina
and the Falkland Islands, is key to a food chain that sustains penguins,
seals, birds and whales.

yeah, international waters are likely to
always be troublesome to manage, but
eventually we have to as a whole planet
come to grips with sustainable practices.

after all, there are no other alternatives.
either we change and adjust or we'll be gone.

songbird

Which choice gives the highest profits for the next quarter?

It's going to be a tough row to hoe. Answers are being found, but
implementation is slow to non-existent. We all know that CO2 emissions
have to be curtailed, but is seems to be blocked by campaign financing,
which allows pipelines to be built to pump even more CO2 into the
atmosphere, 390 ppm and rising.

Got about half of my garden beds prepped. Even without digging, it wore
me out. Good sweat though ;O)

Oh, good grief, a couple of the squash are flowering, and it will be
nearly a month before they will go in the ground (maybe earlier). These
were outside for about a week now, as the night time temps got into the
high 30's, and now low 40's. wonder if that means early squash, mmmmmmm.

--
Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

Welcome to the New America.