Old 30-03-2013, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin[_2_] Roger Tonkin[_2_] is offline

Default El;ectric moss scarifiers

In article MPG.2bc11169602fec77989893
@News.Individual.NET, says...

Has anybody had any experience with one of those? Are they worth
using/buying?

Some of our lawn is almost pure moss now; there is too much of it for
hand-raking/scarifying and we can't find any powered machine on the
island to borrow or hire (either petrol or electric) or even, any
contractor who owns a machine and could be paid to do it. The last
resort, would be buying an electric one of our own.

ISTR hearing long ago that electric ones were pretty useless but that
may be out of date.

Janet, Isle of Arran

Obviously the deep drifts of last week have
disappeared if you can see your lawn/mossbed! Glad the
weather is improving for you, and sorry I can not
help with your query, but will be looking forward to
any positive responses.

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales