Old 30-03-2013, 04:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default El;ectric moss scarifiers

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 15:13:17 -0000, Janet wrote:

Has anybody had any experience with one of those? Are they worth
using/buying?

Dad had one, don't think it got a lot of use. I think it worked
reasonably well.

Some of our lawn is almost pure moss now;

If it's that bad would removing it be a good idea? You'll be left with
bare ground... Our "lawn" is similary a high proportion of moss. This
does mean it is green at this time of year when the grass has all died
back into a flattened yellow mess. Also stops it turning into a mud bath
if you walk across it a few times.

--
Cheers
Dave.