Old 30-03-2013, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default El;ectric moss scarifiers

In article ,
says...

In article MPG.2bc11169602fec77989893
@News.Individual.NET,
says...

Has anybody had any experience with one of those? Are they worth
using/buying?

Some of our lawn is almost pure moss now; there is too much of it for
hand-raking/scarifying and we can't find any powered machine on the
island to borrow or hire (either petrol or electric) or even, any
contractor who owns a machine and could be paid to do it. The last
resort, would be buying an electric one of our own.

ISTR hearing long ago that electric ones were pretty useless but that
may be out of date.

Janet, Isle of Arran

Obviously the deep drifts of last week have
disappeared if you can see your lawn/mossbed! Glad the
weather is improving for you, and sorry I can not
help with your query, but will be looking forward to
any positive responses.

Today has been blue sky bright sun and warm, no snow left on this
side of the island .. though the mountain top is still white and it must
still be lying in the worst hit areas.

Last night our area got taken off its generator and reconnected to the
grid, amazing given the level of repairs still outstanding. Just as well
as the island is teeming with Easter visitors.. they must be wondering
what all the fuss was about and thinking " snow? what snow?".

The first yacht of the season is in the bay, and I have just spotted a
nice surprise, half a dozen tiny orphan-baby fish sunning themselves in
the pond, secret survivors from the heron wipe-out last summer.

Janet.