Old 30-03-2013, 07:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] JonH@Underthewagon.net is offline

Default Who has got what veg. in.

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 16:56:36 GMT, Baz wrote:

Easter is here and we are still freezing our najers off.
Nowt to speak of in the greenhouse either.(seed wise)
Good Friday is the time to sow/plant potatoes they say.
I am beginning to lose confidence now, this second year without.

Baz

First earlies in bins in the greenhouse (Maris Bard), now showing.

Various flavours of Tomato (including Ferline F1 which look quite
strong and Roma which have grown like weeds) on just about every
windowsill that I can get away with and on some that I can't.

Aubergines germinated, Okra germinated (after only two days), various
Chillis up, again on windowsills but suffering through lack of light I
guess.

Cabbages up indoors and being hardened off in the porch.

Peas in under tunnel cloches and a small number of seedlings
propagated inside are now out.

Broad beans in but no signs yet.

Haven't looked at the carrots (again under cloches) for a week or so.

Some Spring Cabbages that I planted from seedlings last year are
making a comeback after getting a severe beaking. They are now under
some home grown crop cages made from cloche hoops and wire mesh. Keeps
the cats and the foxes off too.

Rhubarb (Timperley Early) showed but got frosted to hell and back.

The proposed outdoor potato patch for this year is still a bit like
Paschendale. Must redeploy a roll-out path so that I can get on to
the soil and extract the Bluebells that escaped my depredations last
season.

I have a single row of Garlic that I put in under cloches during the
nice spell we had a few weeks ago. All appear to have survived.

All but one of my Acer Japonicas appear to have survived.

'Er indoors has sown some stuff in her side of the garden, probably
too early but we'll see.

Four Apple seedlings (from pips of uncertain parentage) have made it
through the winter and are content in the greenhouse.

Regards
JonH