Old 31-03-2013, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Spuds are planted now.

On 31/03/2013 16:28, Baz wrote:
or is it sown?
The top few inches on the allotment are moist so we have planted 4 rows of
8m of maincrop. 3 of Maris Piper and 1 of King edward.
9" down and it is quite soggy with the clay soil.

At home helpers have planted all the first earlies, Aran Pilot, Swift,
Maris Bard and International Kidney. Second earlies, Maris Peer.

Tomorrow we will be planting the helpers plots with first earlies. Their
gardens are smaller but different varieties are to be planted.
If possible and time permitting, we will also plant more maincrop on the
allotment as we will all be sharing the eventual crop. Bank Holidays are a
bad time to buy seed potatoes, but I know just the place to get them, (I
hope).

Well my back is aching so I am gonna have a soak.
Baz

Showoff