Old 01-04-2013, 03:27 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default what to plant here

irene24 wrote:
Hello every one new to internet and forums too im a beginner in
gardenning .Can any one give me a tip on what to plant by this fencing
its west facing but i have very very limmited funds

Filename: 20130331_183006.jpg |
Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15504|

It is impossible to say unless you give some idea of what you want to do
with the area and even then it is a very big question.

In gardens there is no such thing as one size fits all within a limited
budget of space and time. Do you want to sit there in summer or in winter,
do you want children to play there, just to have a nice outlook from the
house or to feed a family of four? I presume that when you had the trees
cut down there was some purpose in mind. What was it? If there was no plan
other than 'let's cut down the trees' you have not made an auspicious start.

Having worked out what you want then we get on to issues of soil, rainfall,
climate and aspect which determine how much of your vision is possible and
the content of how you do it. This is going to take some effort if you
cannot pay for help. Some study, planning and thought will save you wasting
money on plants that won't grow or a sore back from digging for no good
purpose.

For a start go to the local lending library and get some books on basic
garden design. This will give you some idea of the scope of what you might
do and what is involved in doing it. Then make a realistic assessment of
whether you can learn do it.

David