Old 01-04-2013, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Spuds are planted now.

Paul Luton wrote in
. uk:

On 31/03/2013 16:28, Baz wrote:
or is it sown?
The top few inches on the allotment are moist so we have planted 4
rows of 8m of maincrop. 3 of Maris Piper and 1 of King edward.
9" down and it is quite soggy with the clay soil.

At home helpers have planted all the first earlies, Aran Pilot,
Swift, Maris Bard and International Kidney. Second earlies, Maris
Peer.

Tomorrow we will be planting the helpers plots with first earlies.
Their gardens are smaller but different varieties are to be planted.
If possible and time permitting, we will also plant more maincrop on
the allotment as we will all be sharing the eventual crop. Bank
Holidays are a bad time to buy seed potatoes, but I know just the
place to get them, (I hope).

Well my back is aching so I am gonna have a soak.
Baz

Just put in Casablanca (1st Earlies)and Kestrel (2nd). Raised bed so
soil is quite friable. (but wind is COLD )

Paul SW London.

Yes, the wind is COLD here today too..
Never heard of Casablanca, but have grown Kestrel with a very good crop for
2 years (discounting last year, nothing grew, the year before that the
garden was flooded). Good choice Kesterel, although I couldn't find any
this year at an affordable price. So it's Maris Peer this time.

Very best of luck for you.Baz