Old 01-04-2013, 06:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_12_] Billy[_12_] is offline

Default what to plant here

In article ,
irene24 wrote:

'Billy[_12_ Wrote:
;980003']In article ,
irene24
wrote:
-
Hello every one new to internet and forums too im a beginner in
gardenning .Can any one give me a tip on what to plant by this fencing
its west facing but i have very very limmited funds

|Filename: 20130331_183006.jpg |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15504|
+-------------------------------------------------------------------+-

My choices would be either Honeysuckle for its smell, or Wisteria for
the beauty of its Springtime blooms. With the honeysuckle, make sure
that it is scented, some aren't. Both will require attention, as they
tend to try to escape.

In general, I'd do as David recommends. Sweet peas may do for you until

you find a solution. Go to local nurseries and see what they have to
offer. A little study will save you a lot of work later.

--
Remember Rachel Corrie
'Rachel Corrie Memorial Website' (

Welcome to the New America.
'Naomi Klein - The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism -
YouTube' (http://tinyurl.com/3eorugd)

Thanks for your tips
This peace of land is where the persons at the back have moved the
boundery and left all theire rubbish for me to clear as you can see its
very hard to clear it
I thought of planting rambling roses and maybe some ground cover but as
i have dogs small as they are they will be going on it
My question is what to plant as ground cover

While it could be argued that RAMBLING roses have the most beautiful and
fragrant flowers, when it comes to sheer sustained flowering, CLIMBERS
win hands down. While ramblers flower in dramatic surges or flushes -
two a year at most, climbers flower repeatedly and continuously,
sometimes from spring to fall.

When you say that your dogs will be going on the ground cover, I presume
that you mean that they will be relieving themselves on it. In that
case, I'd suggest ivy. We have dogs that use it for that purpose, but
again it will require some effort to keep it contained.
There's an old saying about ivy: "The first year it creeps, the second
year it crawls, and the third year it leaps".

A more ornamental ground cover would be something like Dianthus 'Bath's
Pink' (Cheddar pink), any of the Daylilies, English daisy, or Acaena
inermis 'Purpurea' (Purple sheep's burr, Purple goose leaf) to name a
few.

--
Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/