Old 02-04-2013, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Who has got what veg. in.

On 02/04/2013 12:15, Granity wrote:

kay;980066 Wrote:
Oh good! I thought I was being foolish having purple sprouting in the
greenhouse (but I had the space, and it seemed the best defence against
pigeons)

I'm seriously considering trying some runner beans in the greenhouse
this year, put the containers on the bottom of the staging and removing
the top trays. Bit of well rotted manure forked into the containers and
regular feeding works well outdoors so it should be ok in the
greenhouse.

You would do better growing climbing French beans inside, they will crop
2 to 3 weeks earlier than runners and being string-less will not go
stringy, also you wont have the pollination problems.
But watch out for red spider.