Old 02-04-2013, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Sewing between Runner beans

In article ,
Judith in England wrote:

The reason that the three sisters technique doesn't work in the
UK is our limit is sunlight. Climbing beans and cucurbits does
work, and I do it.

Which cucurbits do you grow - and do you have the beans growing up vertical
supports or do they come to an A apex?

C. pepo (typically Little Gem or similar, and sometimes Tronchetta
d'Albenga) and C. maxima (seeds I got from my brother in New
Zealand). And I have a 4mx4mx2m frame, made out of a bean frame
and an old swing that I tie strings up to and across.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.