Old 24-04-2003, 10:20 PM
Bob Walsh

Default siamese twins?

I'll guess one in each pot is a kieke. Its two for one when you decide to
divide.

Bob
"Ted Byers" wrote in message
.. .
I just picked up two new phals, or perhaps it is four (I haven't repotted
them yet - they just arrived at the store only yesterday, so their staff

did
not have a chance to unduly stress them ;-). The plants in both pots look
for all the world like siamese twins (both about the same size), joined at
the hip, er root. There are lots of leaves, and two inflorescences, in

each
pot. SO, did someone screw up and pot two phals in each pot, or leave two
seedlings planted so close together they couldn't be separated without
killing them, or do phals occassionally grow in such a way that they look
like siamese twins? What's your best guess as to what happened? It will

be
at least a week before I get around to repotting them.

Cheers,

Ted