Old 03-04-2013, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Help my husbands shaved the conifer hedge!

On 03/04/2013 15:41, Sheppard wrote:

Hi,

Looking for ideas to salvage a close shave to the neighbours side of the
conifer hedge. It is the north side and has been pruned to the wood. It
has a 4 ft fence and grows along it to 7ft. What can I grow to reach 7
ft high that will cover it and make it look nice for neighbours?

My husband after much nagging pruned the hedge and ignored my advice to
not cut back to the woody bits! Grrrrrrr...... Would Laural grow up
along side it ? Maybe it could eventually replace it? Or a climbing
plant to cover it? Pref evergreen options.....?

Any advice gratefully received!

For now, why can't your neighbours plant a row of sweet peas along the
fence?