Old 04-04-2013, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
The Original Jake The Original Jake is offline

Default Ping Sacha - The Badger

On Thu, 4 Apr 2013 08:44:04 +0100, (Peter James)
wrote:

My golf club is in North Cornwall and is infested with badgers. Every
fairway shows signs of extensive badger damage with some fairways
looking like a battleground.
Quite what the solution is I don't know. I do know the proprietor is
tearing his hair out in frustration.
I'm glad it's not my problem.

Peter

It appears that badgers will naturally gravitate towards the mown
grass as it's more difficult to root around in the longer rough stuff.

Try closing the gentlemen's toilet and requesting that the gentlemen
members relieve themselves on the fairways? The range of different
"territorial" scents each day should produce a longer lasting
deterrent effect than that of a single individual member.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the East end of Swansea Bay where it got
dark today an hour earlier than a week ago!