Old 04-04-2013, 06:07 PM posted to rec.gardens
Nancy Young[_4_] Nancy Young[_4_] is offline

Default Sandy killed my garden

On 2/24/2013 9:28 AM, Chris wrote:

Now that I have a decent start on getting my house fixed, I would like
to ask advice about what to do about my garden and lawn. My main
concern is soil remediation- my property is all sand and given the
proximity to the ocean, it's usually salty but it's got to be severe
now. We've got good drainage and we've had snow and rain since then-
will that have gotten rid of the salt and any contaminants?

All advice appreciated.

I got an email from my local nursery that mentioned putting
down gypsum to counter the saline if your property was flooded with
seawater. It doesn't affect the ph.

nancy