Old 04-04-2013, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Ping Sacha - The Badger

On 2013-04-04 10:15:29 +0100, The Original Jake said:

On Wed, 3 Apr 2013 23:10:54 +0100, Sacha wrote:

Um. I don't know what to say! We've had one (maybe more, don't know)
get in here and scrape a few holes in some grass but nothing like the
war zone you describe. We have literally a few shallow holes. It's
probably not a lot of consolation to say you must have very healthy
soil with loads of worms... Poor you! I'm so sorry!

This is one night's gardening work:
http://rivendell.org.uk/galleries/di...156&fullsize=1

The area covered that night is about 25 square feet.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the East end of Swansea Bay where it got
dark today an hour earlier than a week ago!

Ye gods!

I've heard it said that if you put out food for the badgers then they
leave your ground alone.
One way I found to keep them off was to water the boundary with
Armilotox, the scent keeps them away.
It also works when I water our gateway with it, the smell seems to put
off the couples that park there at night.