Old 04-04-2013, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
The Original Jake The Original Jake is offline

Default Ping Sacha - The Badger

On Thu, 04 Apr 2013 17:21:40 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

I've heard it said that if you put out food for the badgers then they
leave your ground alone.

A badger group recommended that I put out dog food at the point of
entry (equivalent of 4 standard tins a night FOR ONE BADGER) or spread
peanuts over the lawn at the rate of a 12Kg sack on first night and
then another sack when half of first lot had been eaten FOR ONE
BADGER. Oh, yeah! I spend up to £50 a month on bird food but don't
intend to spend 2-3 times that on ONE BADGER!

One way I found to keep them off was to water the boundary with
Armilotox, the scent keeps them away.

Any scented stuff will apparently only work with certainty until they
become used to the smell. Hence a suggestion I made in another
sub-thread to utilise all the gentlemen members of a golf club,
producing a variety of scents.

In any event, the use of Armillatox for this purpose is illegal.

It also works when I water our gateway with it, the smell seems to put
off the couples that park there at night.

Why not forget the smelly stuff and get a CCTV camera. Put the
resulting footage on You Tube!

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the East end of Swansea Bay where it got
dark today an hour earlier than a week ago!