Old 04-04-2013, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
The Original Jake The Original Jake is offline

Default Ping Sacha - The Badger

On Thu, 4 Apr 2013 09:35:44 +0000, Granity
wrote:

Would lion poo keep them away?

Apparently only until they get used to the smell. Then they would dig
additional holes around it and add their own conflicting-scented
stuff!

When I first bought the house, there was a "family" of badgers that
visited regularly and did no damage at all. I removed a gravel board
from under a fence to make access and exit easier for them and, in
return, they assisted with the removal of slugs and snails. Then they
just disappeared. 22 years later, badger from hell appeared. But, I
hope, he's gone elsewhere now.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the East end of Swansea Bay where it got
dark today an hour earlier than a week ago!