Old 24-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Hussein M.

Default seedlings - what do i do??

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 22:58:45 +0100, "Serenity"
serenity@nospamserenitynyespam off.fslife.co.uk wrote:

Thanks for the replies.
I know it isn't overcrowing, but i'm not sure abut overwatering - how do i
tell that?

The soil on the surface would probably seem very dry to you but
dunking about the bottom third of the pot/tray in water so they are
watered from the bottom up is a good policy. There is water vapour
coming off the water all the time and with diurnal changes in
temperature to cool the soil much of this vapour (itself preventing
desiccation) will condense like a fine dew in the soil. I think!

Before I wised up, I was losing seedlings by over-watering. they
look fine and then they go all limp and pale and of course the natural
impulse is more water which is exactly the culprit for their plight
suffocating the roots.

Huss

Grow a little garden

spam block - for real addy, reverse letters of second level domain.