Old 07-04-2013, 07:17 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Fertilizer formulae

Also, I do not specifically feed my loquat and peach trees or my guava
bush. These get the same once-a-year feeding with the OSH lawn food.

My hugh ash tree has roots throughout my back yard and thus gets fed
from the once-a-year general feeding, the monthly rose feeding in back,
the camellia and azalea feeding, etc, etc.

The valley white oak, rosemary bush, and lavender in front do quite well
without any fertilizer, but I suspect their roots now go under the roses
in front and under my neighbor's front lawn, where they find nutrients.
These actually do quite well in "lean" soils and can be damaged by
overfeeding.

The Japanese zelkova in the parkway never gets fed. Other than treating
it for chlorosis, the liquidambar in front merely gets the once-a-year
feeding, as do the three podocarpus (without chlorosis treatment).

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see