Old 07-04-2013, 07:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bosch 2200 shredder (old drum version)

In article ,
David Hill wrote:

Mine is making squeaking noises, and I suspect that it needs some
maintenance. Does anyone know anything about this?

Only in a general sense: Are there any grease fittings visible, or
bearings that can be got at? My only experience is a Roto-Hoe hammermill
shredder powered by a small gas (oops....petrol) engine.

No. It's mains electric.

Doesn't stop it having grease points and bearings

Sheesh! It obviously has bearings! But most electric consumer
items are 'lubricated for life', meaning that the intent is that
it dies when the lubricant disappears. I am old enough to want
to repair items while that is still feasible.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.