Old 07-04-2013, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bosch 2200 shredder (old drum version)

In article ,
Gary Woods wrote:

No. It's mains electric.

I suspected as much; I've had a number of electric tools that suffered
from dry motor bearings, and they weren't necessarily meant to be
lubricated by the end user. Depends on your mechanical skills and desire
(I've never let my shortcomings in that area deter me, often with
disastrous results). Does the term "shade tree mechanic" travel well?

Well, if it is an alternative of the bin (sorry, "recycling centre")
or risking breakage, I always try the repair. It sometimes even
works :-)

Can you translate "shade tree mechanic", please? I think that I
can guess, but could be wildly wrong.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.