Old 07-04-2013, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Bosch 2200 shredder (old drum version)

On 07/04/2013 20:19, wrote:
In article ,
David Hill wrote:

Mine is making squeaking noises, and I suspect that it needs some
maintenance. Does anyone know anything about this?

Only in a general sense: Are there any grease fittings visible, or
bearings that can be got at? My only experience is a Roto-Hoe hammermill
shredder powered by a small gas (oops....petrol) engine.

No. It's mains electric.

Doesn't stop it having grease points and bearings

Sheesh! It obviously has bearings! But most electric consumer
items are 'lubricated for life', meaning that the intent is that
it dies when the lubricant disappears. I am old enough to want
to repair items while that is still feasible.

You could try blasting it with Silicon grease.

Just blasting the outside with silicone grease isn't likely to
help :-) In my original message, I said:

... I could just try taking it apart and looking, but I don't
want to knacker it unnecessarily. ...

As far as I can see, it isn't sealed up so that it can't be
taken apart, but my experience is that quite a lot of items are
designed to break when dismantled.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

I really didn't think I would have to spell it out to a man of your age
and experience.
When I said blast it Naturally I didn't mean the whole machine, but any
moving parts you can get at, and where the noise is. if you can get to
the bearings then a blast for them