Old 08-04-2013, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default Arbutus unedo (Strawberry tree)

On 2013-04-07 22:01:11 +0100, rbel said:

Does anyone have any experience of growing this? We are looking for a
an interesting small evergreen tree to go into a 3 metre square bed
with indifferent soil and an open northerly aspect in South Devon.

The RHS plant selector indicates that it is probably hardy enough for
our location.

I've never grown it but they grow to an enormous size in the mountains
of Trodos in Cyprus, so I don't think South Devon winters would
normally faze it.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com