Old 08-04-2013, 02:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Copper Beech Hedge

In article ,
Spider wrote:

A neighbour and friend of mine is about to plant a copper beech hedge.
One section of hedge will be on their boundary between their own
suburban garden and the next. Another section will be between their
drive and front steps *and within 6ft of the house frontage*. I confess
this rang alarm bells with me.

Am I worrying unnecessarily, or is there a real risk to their home once
this hedge is established? I would really appreciate any help with
this, not least because the *copper* beeches mark a copper wedding
anniversary and I don't want to spoil their romantic joy in planting
this hedge.

The main risk is if the house has some extremely dubious drains
or foundations, or they let it get completely out of hand.
I wouldn't worry about a hedge like that.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.