Old 08-04-2013, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Copper Beech Hedge

In article ,
Spider wrote:

Thank you, Nick, that is reassuring. I will tell them, with appropriate
warnings of dire consequences should they lapse with their trimming
regime. On London Clay and with a postcode that makes insurance
companies nervous, there are always concerns about foundations and
drains. However, they are sensible people and will, I am sure, keep
both panic and hedge under control.

No problem. But don't panic them - when I said completely out of
hand, I did mean 10' or more! I am no expert, but doubt that beech
will send its roots deep on clay.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.