Old 08-04-2013, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default At last

On 08/04/2013 20:21, Bertie Doe wrote:

"Bertie Doe" wrote in message ...

"David Hill" wrote in message ...

Lastly, a couple of years ago I bought a 6.5Hp Tiller/Rotovator With
Forward and Reverse Drive. on Ebay

Yes they're a real boon. I bought one (new) on eBay 3 years ago. Not
sure what the HP is, but they make weeding a lot easier by softening
the soil.

I use it on my allotment and also on the lady next doors', we're both
65 so every little bit helps. Got my 4th (and last) row of 'earlies'
in today. Quite pleased as there's some rain forecast for tonight
(E.Cornwall)

We may have the same model David. Just looked through my ebay a/c and
it's a Maxtra at 6.5 hp.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Colletion-...item35c4ba3c47

It can be a bit of a pita if the soil is damp. My neighbour has a
lighter weight rotovator (with wheels at rear) and he prefers to use it
in wetter soil.

Looks the same thing, mine has a white petrol tank
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Petrol-Rot...t_5886wt_7 58
Bought it for doing the paths between the dahlia beds as my Pasquali is
to large for that job, It would be good on light soil for general use.