Old 09-04-2013, 04:02 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dwight Dwight is offline

Default Fungus-resistant shrub for shady area??

We have a spot iln our garden where we have lost an azalea and a
viburnum to a fungus of some sort. (Verticillium wilt is common in our
area, but there are other possibilities too.)

The site is mostly shade, in Seattle, which is moist and mild in winter,
but dry in summer.

Any suggestions for a shrub in a space about 5 x 5 feet? We would like
something with either a distinctive character or color.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Dwight Gibb