Old 08-04-2013, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Copper Beech Hedge

On 08/04/2013 18:10, wrote:
In ,
wrote:

Thank you, Nick, that is reassuring. I will tell them, with appropriate
warnings of dire consequences should they lapse with their trimming
regime. On London Clay and with a postcode that makes insurance
companies nervous, there are always concerns about foundations and
drains. However, they are sensible people and will, I am sure, keep
both panic and hedge under control.

No problem. But don't panic them - when I said completely out of
hand, I did mean 10' or more! I am no expert, but doubt that beech
will send its roots deep on clay.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Once again, thank you, Nick. I will exercise calmness and reassure them
as you have reassured me. No more panicking (Don't tell 'em your name,
Pike!), but measured calm. Lovely thoughts to go to sleep on. Thanks,
Nick. ZZZzzzzzz.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London