Old 09-04-2013, 04:36 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Cheap Topsoil/Fill??

"MICHELLE H." wrote in message
Because this thing being 30 feet long, 2-3 feet wide, and 1-2 feet deep,
I probably need like 50 bags of topsoil!?

I don't know how the topsoil will pack down,but you beter buy 2 or 3 bags of
the cheap stuff and put it on one place in that hole. It will probably look
like you did not put any in at all. I put 45 bags of ready mix cement in a
hole that was only 3 feet each way.
I don't recall how much the dirt I took out covered as I filled in a few
small places in the yard, but I did this over several weeks.