Old 10-04-2013, 01:19 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden View Post
They are obvious in the winter with no leaves on the trees but it always
amazes me how such a brightly coloured bird can disappear amongst leaves in
the summer, if they kept quiet.
It's interesting how even bright colour can be camouflage. For example, we were visited today by a particularly well-coloured male greenfinch. But since he was exactly the same colour as the fresh green leaves of the Rosa rugosa, he disappeared once he landed. And the garish orange breast of the robin renders it well camouflaged against fallen autumn leaves.