Old 10-04-2013, 10:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Chain Saw Oil

"Larry Stoter" wrote in message
I have just got a small chain saw for the first time.

The instruction say I need to get chain saw oil, to lubricate the chain
during operation.

Do I really need a specific oil or is ordinary car gear box oil going to
work just as well?

Larry

If you buy Chain oil in 5lt containers it is normally a lot cheaper than
other oils anyway. That said any oil that has the same properties as those
recommended would do , it doesn't have to be called Chain oil!

I don't think gear box oil would be thin enough

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs