Old 10-04-2013, 09:06 PM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default Fertilizer formulae

On Saturday, April 6, 2013 7:09:45 PM UTC-7, Higgs Boson wrote:
I just spent (too much) on 4 boxes of E.B.Stone Organics fertilizer for different uses. Examining the formulae on each box, I wondered if there is really enough difference to justify separate purchases.

Your experience, as well as general input and references appreciated.

Any general input and references appreciated

1. Rose & Flower Food: a. Total Nitrogen 5:00%

b. Available Phosphate 6.00%

c. Soluble Potash 3.00%

d. Calcium 4.00%

e. Sulfur 1.00%

(Plus, on each box, various organic, bacteria, mycorrhizea, etc.)

2. Citrus & Fruit Tree Food: a. 7.00%

b. 3.00%

c. 3.00%

d. 2.00%

e. 1.00%

3. Tomato & Vegetable Food: a. 4.00%

b. 5.oo%

c. 3.00%

d. 3.00%

e. 1.00%

4. Azalea, Camelia & Gardenia Food: a. 5.00%

b. 5.00%

c. 3.00%

d. 3.00%

e. 1.00%

David and Songbird, thanks for the awesome expertise. I suppose you arrived at your regiment over time via experience? I have neglected my roses too much over the years; must shape up and tune up.

buying rose & flower fertilizer I just went to clean out the junque area which has been overgrown since it rained while I was out of the country. Found several HG buckets full of my usual treatment of worm castings, compost and perlite. My bad! Cast me not into outer darkness.. mea culpa, mea maxima culpa

HB