Old 10-04-2013, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Cactus in big trouble. Please help!

On 10/04/2013 14:49, CactusPaul wrote:

I have had this cactus since i was 9. It is now 22 years old and in big
trouble. I have come back from travelling for 3 months and it is in a
terrible condition. It has been in the greenhouse over the winter months
and i fear this has contributed to the damage. It appears to be rotten
at the top as half of steam looks eaten away. The bottom i am not so
sure of. I gather that some breads do tend to go a little brown at the
around the bottom anyway. I am just wondering what the best course of
action is. Can i cut the top off where it is rotten? If so, should i do
this and repot the remainder of the plant? Any advice would be most
welcome as i have previously had no trouble with the plant so i am not
knowledgeable about treating them.

Thanks in advance.

Paul.

Pictures would help