Old 10-04-2013, 11:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default Chain Saw Oil

On 2013-04-10 22:06:21 +0100, Larry Stoter said:

Janet wrote:

In article , says...

I have just got a small chain saw for the first time.

The instruction say I need to get chain saw oil, to lubricate the chain
during operation.

Do I really need a specific oil or is ordinary car gear box oil going to
work just as well?

If you know so little about chainsaws you should not be using one.

Janet

I was asking for advice - it you don't have a useful answer which is to
the point, please keep quite and do not patronise me.

Larry

You're not being patronised. You're being good advice. Chain saws maim
and kill in amateur hands and yours are clearly amateur hands. My
stepson uses one very often but he has been trained to do so and wears
the correct protective gear and knows how to maintain the machine.
Your question shows you know very little about using it, looking after
it or preparing it for use and you're putting yourself in danger. At
least people here have tried to help you and save you from yourself &
nobody can do more.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com