Old 11-04-2013, 09:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Mistlethrush

"Sacha" wrote in message ...

We saw it again this morning, in its original spot by the cedar tree.
But this time, it was dive-bombing a rook on the ground! What an
exhausting life! Anyhow, it was swooping back and forth, and seemed to
be trying to get the rook away, so that suggested to us that it is
probably nesting lower down in that tree, or somewhere closeby.
--

Sacha

We have had an interesting visitation this morning from a Blue Tit to a
Robin Box. The BT Box was used last year to raise 4 but not in use this
year. The Robin Box has never been used, but just after Christmas I trimmed
my beard, (I had grown it for my work for Charities as a Father Christmas)
and shoved the trimmings in the Robin Box. This morning a Blue Tit has been
backwards and forwards to the Robin Box gathering nice soft nesting material
:-)

Mike