Old 11-04-2013, 08:40 PM posted to rec.gardens
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Are there virus resistant squash seeds? Virus killing my squash!

goldtech wrote:
Hi,

I think there's a virus killing my winter and summer squash. The
leaves have yellow spots and they are curling, growth is stunted.

Does anyone know a source of non-gmo virus resistant seeds? Or variety
names I can search for that are resistant?

Thanks very much!

Lee G.

No. I've about gotten rid of mosaic virus in my squash by going on a
catnip eradication campaign, and spraying/dusting with insecticide at
the first sign of cucumber beetles. I think the catnip part was the
key, because I seldom get any cucumber beetles, and because the virus
usually infected the squash shortly after they started blooming if any
catnip was blooming nearby.

Bob