Old 12-04-2013, 09:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default Beechgrove Reminder

On 2013-04-12 08:57:39 +0100, David Hill said:

As they always say "finish the course, lots of fluids and rest". It's
a nasty one and is one of the 'echo' virus type. It takes a long time
to recover. We went down with it over Christmas (got through that thank
goodness) and felt terrible for a couple of weeks with the lingering
cough described. Even now, we both have the odd moment of feeling a bit
blech. Hope you're on the upward path soon.

This is my second does, first was after going down to Devon in Dec.
then this after another visit to Devon, this second bought has been a
lot worse, so it's back to the Dr this morning.
I had the flue jab as always and it's always worked for me, so I don't
know what this thing is, but it's vicious.
David @ the damp end of Swansea bay.

Whatever's been doing the rounds down here, it was indeed a vicious
one. It's just such bad luck that you get ill when coming down here for
a bit of r&r. One friend of ours had a bug last summer and only just
started to get really better just before Christmas. The trouble is
that the immune system, once weakened, is prey to so many other things,
too. Whatever we had, it wasn't the typical flu bug and we both had the
jab. It was just a really horrible, debilitating virus that gave us
nasty coughs but we didn't have the awful aching limbs and heads that
usually go with most well-known types of flu.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com