Old 12-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Bigolob Bigolob is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Tonkin[_2_] View Post
I have a summer flowering clematis, that I normally
cut back yo about 3ft in the spring, usually just as
the lower buds are swelling/bursting. Because of the
cold, I've held back, and now I've go buds/shoots
about an inch long most of the way up. Some have been
frost damage and shot out again.

Would it be sensible to cut back now( when the weather
is better) or just leave it to its own devices this
year?

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales
Prune it down to 18 inches now. Don`t worry about the shoots you will remove as the Clematis will produce enough new shoots to give you all the colour you want.