Old 12-04-2013, 06:28 PM
kerrygirl kerrygirl is offline
Registered User

Location: County Kerry, Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigolob View Post
You do not say what size GH you want/need or if you want to grow plants, eg. Tomatoes, Cucumbers, potted flower plants, etc. I have played golf some years ago on the west coast of Ireland and would not recommend a plastic windowed GH as on a bad day the windows could finish in the Atlantic or half way to Dublin. You must go for glass.

The cost of 2000 Euro is ridiculous unless you are looking for something hugh. 2 years ago I bought a 6ftx6ft aluminium GH with glass windows and sliding door - it is fabulous and I grow all my autumn rooted cutting, my Cosmos for planting out (this year, I hope in, in late May) plus bedding plants which we buy in early May and grow on. My seedling Toms which now are 6 inches high and will be grown in the GH (heated until mid to late May to 50-60 degrees) through the summer and autumn.

Look at Halls Greenhouses or similar for quotes. I am sure I did not pay more than £350.00 complete.
Thank you for making me laugh, picturing my windows half way up to Dublin. I was actually pricing a 10'x6' the cost 2,247.00 Euros. Crazy price! One of the reasons I didn't go for glass was the mention that glass can scorch seedlings. I really want to grow summer bedding for family and friends and of course the fact that I love it immensely. This side of gardening is new to me.