Old 12-04-2013, 08:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default which greenhouse? Help very much appreciated.

On 12/04/2013 12:03, kerrygirl wrote:

Hello,
I hope someone can help me.I want to purchase a greenhouse for
germinating flower seeds. I've done some research and have decided to go
for polycarbonate. The thing is I live in the west of Ireland, the site
is somewhat exposed, there is a small hedge at the west of it.

I have seen greenhouses by different companies ( I don't know if I'm
allowed to mention names here ) but some are priced in the 2000 euro
range, another same size 750 euro. The difference is the thickness of
the polycarbonate, 6mm/4mm.

I need advice please. Which should I go for. Is there a difference in
the thickness of the structure.

What sort of flower seeds? And if you are intending to only germinate
them, and grow nothing to full size under glass, why do you need a
greenhouse? If you could make do with cold frames, those would be much
cheaper and would be very unlikely to suffer from wind damage.

--

Jeff