Old 13-04-2013, 03:24 AM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default How to transplant roses

On Monday, April 8, 2013 6:04:24 PM UTC-7, Hench wrote:
The old owners of my house planted four small rose bushes and we want to

move them.

The bushes are only single stem, mabe two two stem, and about 3 feet

high. How does somebody move these? How deep are the roots? what to

feed them? and how much sun do they need.

Zone 5a/5b Southern Ontario Canuckistan

Sorry, I made a terrible mistake in my reply.

I suggested that you not move the roses in the heat of the day; rather early morning or evening. WRONG! I was confusing WATERING, which should be done early morning or evening. Do not water in the heat of the day; the sun can burn through the water drops to the plant leaves.

What I meant is that TRANSPLANTING should ALWAYS be done in the late afternoon or early evening, so the poor plant has a chance to rest overnight before the sun hits.