Old 12-04-2013, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default which greenhouse? Help very much appreciated.

In article , Bigolob.bde2696
@gardenbanter.co.uk says...

kerrygirl;980787 Wrote:
Hello,
I hope someone can help me.I want to purchase a greenhouse for
germinating flower seeds. I've done some research and have decided to go
for polycarbonate. The thing is I live in the west of Ireland, the site
is somewhat exposed, there is a small hedge at the west of it.

I have seen greenhouses by different companies ( I don't know if I'm
allowed to mention names here ) but some are priced in the 2000 euro
range, another same size 750 euro. The difference is the thickness of
the polycarbonate, 6mm/4mm.

I need advice please. Which should I go for. Is there a difference in
the thickness of the structure.

You do not say what size GH you want/need or if you want to grow plants,
eg. Tomatoes, Cucumbers, potted flower plants, etc. I have played golf
some years ago on the west coast of Ireland and would not recommend a
plastic windowed GH as on a bad day the windows could finish in the
Atlantic or half way to Dublin. You must go for glass.

I agree. I live on the west coast of Scotland and there are no
polycarbonate GH's here, only glass; and you will need one with a strong
frame bolted down to something solid.

Janet Isle of Arran