Old 14-04-2013, 03:49 AM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default Monkey Puzzle Trees

On Saturday, April 13, 2013 10:10:37 AM UTC-7, AmyJane13 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this site and I want to buy my Mum a Monkey Puzzle tree for

her 50th birthday! She has been going on about wanting one for as long

as I can remember but I don't know where I can get one, how much they

cost or even how to maintain it!

Need help please!

Gwacious! I never even *heard* of monkey puzzle tree until now. Most educational!

I went on-line and found umpty varieties, so better do that yourself and select which will best please your Honorable Mum. Since (I assume) it's not going to be a surprise gift, perhaps you could show her the pictures -- unless she already knows exactly which variety she wants.

Also, if there's a plant nursery near you they could help. A good nursery will order a plant for you if they don't stock it. Be sure to leave plenty of time.

Here's some planting instructions:

http://www.ehow.com/how_6721435_plant-monkey-tree.html

Good luck!

HB