Old 14-04-2013, 03:56 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Monkey Puzzle Trees

On 4/13/13 10:10 AM, AmyJane13 wrote:
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this site and I want to buy my Mum a Monkey Puzzle tree for
her 50th birthday! She has been going on about wanting one for as long
as I can remember but I don't know where I can get one, how much they
cost or even how to maintain it!

Need help please!

The monkey puzzle tree is Araucaria araucana, sometimes called A.
imbricata. It cas grow 90 feet (27.4 m) tall. It is hardy to about 32F
(0C). It needs good drainage.

DO NOT SIT UNDER A MATURE monkey puzzle tree. They form cones that can
weigh 15 pounds (almost 7 kg), which can suddenly drop.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see