Old 14-04-2013, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default Compost?

On 14/04/2013 11:12, wrote:
stuart noble wrote:
I have just germinated 60+ sweet pea seeds between sheets of damp
kitchen roll and a layer of bubble wrap. Beats the hell out of all that
messing around with pots. I have dropped some of the seedlings straight
in the soil, so we'll see what happens. Not a single failure by the way :-)

I always* do my sweet peas in root trainers. They seem to enjoy it!

For me 2012 was a bumper year for sweet peas, which I put down to the
detailed preparation of the plot, manure etc.
When I came to dig them up I was surprised that the root run was so
shallow, and the root balls so small. Actually, I might just as well
have grown them in 6" pots :-(