Old 14-04-2013, 12:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Grow it Magazine.

In article , kay.be01551
@gardenbanter.co.uk says...

Christina Websell;980915 Wrote:
"Martin" lid wrote in message
...-
On Fri, 12 Apr 2013 07:10:41 +0100, Sacha
-
On 2013-04-11 23:17:04 +0100, Christina Websell said:
-
I bought it once because it had free seeds I wanted and now I have an
e-mail from them in my private e-mail box.
How can that happen?
It's from here as I once posted about it in the group and there is
only
one person who knows my private address so their computer is hacked.-

If you bought online, you probably had to give an email address. I
always tick the "no further contact" type boxes but still often get
emails. Then I just go to their address and click on 'unsubscribe'.-

If you know a person's name it is fairly easy to find their address,
so long as it is fairly rare.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland
-

But I bought the magazine from a supermarket once and no one
saw me do it.

They were looking at this group- no other explanation.

Christine, you haven't told us yet ..

you got a spam email from them, so they know your email address.

Did the also use your name?

Did they also use your real (snail mail) address?

If all they've got is your email address, then it doesn't necessarily
come from urg, nor, as you suggest, does it mean that the one person on
urg who knows your email address has had their computer hacked.

Christina posts to many usenet groups, where according to her
conversations she has private email contact with other posters.

Janet