Old 14-04-2013, 04:02 PM
SamM3124 SamM3124 is offline
Registered User

Default Help?

Hey guys and gals!

Hope all is well with you all.

I am moving into a new apartment in a couple of weeks, the apartment has a small balcony that I wanted to make the most of. I was thinking about growing some herbs and maybe some vegetables. I live in Birmingham UK and wanted to know if anyone had any tips/suggestions/hints etc. I have never done this sort of thing but am very interested in starting to make use of my new space.

I was thinking of getting a couple of balcony boxes that hang from the railings and maybe a floor one - not to sure yet as I want to make the most of the space (maybe a couple of chairs too!)

Any particular herbs and/or vegetables that are good to grow on a balcony? Any ideas how to get started etc.

Sorry this seems a bit like 'oh here's another newbie wanted all the answers!' but I just wanted somewhere to start.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sam