Old 15-04-2013, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Some Firsts

On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 09:56:52 -0700 (PDT), Rod
wrote:

I've been fortunate, my one remaining hive isn't very accessible or visible to would be vandals.
And they've come through the winter in great shape, it looks as if they're finding a good supply of pussy willow pollen today.

Rod

Having seen very few bees around last year and none so far this one,
I've been thinking of buying one of those Beepol hives. Upside is that
hopefully they'll pollinate my fruit trees and bushes; downside is
that the hive and something to keep them in works out at between £150
and £190, depending on what you want and where you buy it. And the
hive itself only lasts for one year so that would be another £60 next
year.

I can't make up my mind. Has anyone else tried these things?

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the East end of Swansea Bay where the
showers of April have arrived!