Old 15-04-2013, 10:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Lily of the Valley

mkr5000 wrote:
I have an area that I want Lily of the valley to run rampant, would also like a possible companion plant?

Anyway, if I plant the pips here in the midwest right now, will the plants come up this summer?

How would it work?

I guess maybe they sell the whole plants as well but this will be a large area.

transplanting while the plant is dormant is a
good time to do it.

if you are buying plants there is a good chance
that you can divide them in half or fourths and
still have them take. depends upon how large the
plant is to begin with. take one apart when you
buy them and see what you've got before chopping.

i would not companion plant anything with them
for a season or two. this fall i'd poke random
patches of spring bulbs in (crocus and the early
spring dutch irises) to have some variety.

songbird